What is melanin? It is a natural skin pigment. The skin, eye, and hair color of a person mostly depend on the amount and type of melanin they have. We have special skin cells called melanocytes which makes melanin. We all have the same number of melanocytes but some people make more melanin than others. It is also found in animals.
Why does your hair turn grey or white?
1. Hormonal imbalance– Changes in hormone level may reduce the production of melanin in the body and cause grey hair.
2. Stress– Over stressing is said to be one of the main reasons for grey hair.
3. Improper diet– Improper diet may lead to premature hair.
4. Excessive use of chemicals– Harsh chemicals like SLS (Sodium Lauryl sulfate) may result in premature of hair.
Can you increase melanin growth? Yes, we definitely can increase melanin by taking some nutrients which accelerates the growth of melanin.
How to increase melanin production? || How can I increase melanin in my hair?
1. Antioxidants– They have the potential to enhance the growth of melanin in the body. Micronutrients like flavonoids and polyphenols which are present in plants we eat are powerful antioxidants. Eat more dark leaf vegetables, dark berry, and colorful veggies.
2. Vitamin A– It is good for healthy skin plus it can also help in melanin growth. Food like carrots, sweet potatoes, and squash can help increase the melanin.
3. Vitamin E– It helps in keeping the skin healthy. You can get good Vitamin E from Vegetable oils ( sunflower oil, soybean oil), nuts like almonds and hazelnuts, green leafy vegetables like spinach and broccoli.
4. Vitamin C– It also helps in melanin production and skin protection. Food rich in Vitamin C is lemon, berries oranges, and any other citrus food.
Herbs and Botanicals.
5. Iron-rich food– It helps to increase the production of melanin in our hair. Food rich in iron is- spinach, legumes, broccoli, quinoa, banana, tomatoes, soybeans, lentils, nuts, peanuts, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds.
6. Copper rich food– Copper deficiency can reduce melanin in the hair. Copper rich foods are- green leafy veggies, nuts, sweet potatoes, chickpeas, and avocado.
Note : In case you have some better points to add to ” how to increase melanin in body” please add it to through your comments.
Additional Tags : How to reduce melanin in the body permanently
Request: If this article was helpful to you please let us know through your comments.