Do you warm up before a workout…what!! ….. Did you say No!
Well, I know your reasons – one it’s boring, two you don’t have time. But believe me, I will give you the golden reasons, the real benefits today. Knowing them you will never miss it. so here we go.
- Flexibility increases: makes muscle movement easier
- Reduces the risk of injury– helps reduce muscle pulls and strains
- Increase the inflow of blood and oxygen: this helps muscles before launching into a more intense workout
- Gives time for mental preparation: helps in focus, planning, and strategize the workout
Warm-up exercise for you: These are the basic warm-up exercises that can be used before a workout.
- Sidearm raises: 4 -5 reps
- Arm rotations: 8-10 reps
- Side bends: 5-6 reps each side
- Heel raises: 10-12 reps
- Body twists: 4-5 reps
- Jumping jacks or spot jogging: 15-20 reps
- Swinging toe touches: 8-10 reps
You can always increase and decrease your reps based on your time availability and comfort. Follow these warm-up exercises and share your experience. Please leave me your feedback, suggestions, or nasty remarks.